UPDATE 1-Willbros receives government orders, shares rise
* Orders include inspections, construction and repair work
* Shares rise 6 percent in extended trade
Aug 25 (Reuters) - Engineering and construction services provider Willbros Group Inc (WG.N) said it received five task orders from the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), sending its shares up 6 percent in extended trade.
NAVFAC manages the planning and construction and provides public works support for U.S. naval shore installations around the world.
The task orders include various inspections, construction and repair at certain bases in Alaska, Japan, Virginia, Florida and California, the company said.
Willbros said the work is scheduled for completion in early 2011.
The Houston-based company's shares, which have shed more than half of their value in the last six months, were up at $7.66 in trading after the bell. They closed at $7.25 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote