UPDATE 1-Micros Q4 tops Street, sees FY11 revenue above view
* Q4 adj EPS $0.49 vs est $0.41
* Q4 revenue $248.2 mln vs est $244.3 mln
* Sees FY11 rev $1-1.01 bln vs est $999.7 mln
* Shares up 3 pct after the bell
Aug 26 (Reuters) - Micros Systems Inc MCRS.O, which provides information systems to the hospitality industry, reported quarterly results ahead of Wall Street estimates, helped by double-digit growth across its service and software segments.
For fiscal 2011, the company forecast revenue of $1-1.01 billion. Analysts were looking for $999.7 million. [ID:nASA00OUT]
Fourth-quarter net income rose to $33.9 million, or 42 cents per share, from $22.9 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 49 cents per share, above analysts' forecast of 41 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 11 percent to $248.2 million, beating analysts' forecast of $244.3 million.
Service revenue, which accounted for about 65 percent of the company's total revenue, grew 12 percent to $162.1 million, while software revenue grew 13 percent to 34.1 million.
The company's shares, which have gained 19 percent in the last six months, were trading up 3 percent at $36.50 after the bell. They closed at $35.40 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Mansi Dutta in Bangalore; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |