FACTBOX-Security developments in Iraq, Aug 27
Aug 27 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1930 GMT on Friday.
* Denotes new or updated item
* KIRKUK - Gunmen stormed a house in Riyadh, 60 km (40 miles) southwest of Kirkuk in north Iraq, killing a child and wounding three of his family, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb went off in Zaafaraniya district, southeastern Baghdad, killing one person and wounding four others, an Interior Ministry source said.
MOSUL - Police found the body of a Christian man with bullet wounds to the head and chest in southwest Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. The man had been kidnapped five days before.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi police patrol killed one civilian and wounded his son in western Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - One man was wounded when a mortar round landed in western Mosul, police said.
FALLUJA - Iraqi security forces arrested two local leaders of al-Qaeda in Iraq west of the city of Falluja, 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad, the police chief of Anbar province said. He said a car bomb factory was also discovered.
BAAJ - Gunmen opened fire at an Iraqi army patrol late on Thursday, killing two soldiers and one officer, in Baaj, 375 km (233 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said.
FALLUJA - A roadside bomb exploded near the house of a policeman late on Thursday, wounding seven civilians, in Falluja, police said. Three policemen were wounded when another bomb later exploded in the same place.
SHIRQAT - Gunmen opened fire at a checkpoint run by government-backed militia, killing two members and wounding four others late on Thursday in Shirqat, 300 km (190 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. (Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid