NHC REPORT-Tropical depression could form in eastern Atlantic
NEW YORK, Aug 27 (Reuters) - A tropical wave in the eastern Atlantic Ocean was given a high 60 percent chance of developing into Tropical Depression Eight during the next couple of days, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in an advisory Friday.
NHC said conditions were favorable for the system, located about 250 miles south-southeast of the southernmost Cape Verde Island, to strengthen as it moved west across the Atlantic at 15 to 20 miles per hour. (Reporting by Joe Silha; Editing by John Picinich)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA