NHC REPORT-Tropical depression could form in eastern Atlantic
NEW YORK, Aug 27 (Reuters) - A tropical wave in the eastern Atlantic Ocean was given a high 60 percent chance of developing into Tropical Depression Eight during the next couple of days, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in an advisory Friday.
NHC said conditions were favorable for the system, located about 250 miles south-southeast of the southernmost Cape Verde Island, to strengthen as it moved west across the Atlantic at 15 to 20 miles per hour. (Reporting by Joe Silha; Editing by John Picinich)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat