UPDATE 1-Colombia's ETB shares slide on partnership failure
(adds details on partnership)
BOGOTA, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Shares of local Colombian telecommunications company ETB ETB.CN fell 26.6 percent on Thursday on the local stock exchange after the company announced it had failed in a bid to secure a strategic partnership.
Shares of Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogota ETB.CN fell to 800 pesos at the start of trading from Wednesday's close of 1090 pesos.
ETB, owned by Bogota city with a minority stake on the stock market, announced that it had not received any offers in its second attempt to seek a partner. Telefonica (TEF.MC) had shown initial interest in ETB. (Reporting by Nelson Bocanegra, editing by Gerald E. McCormick and Derek Caney)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76