Obama to attend U.N. Sudan meeting Sept. 24
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 8
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will attend a U.N.-organized high-level meeting on Sudan on the margins of the U.N. General Assembly on Sept. 24, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said on Wednesday.
"President Obama has accepted the (U.N.) Secretary-General's invitation to the high-level meeting on Sudan that's planned for Sept. 24th in New York," Rice told reporters on a conference call.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation