Obama to attend U.N. Sudan meeting Sept. 24
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 8
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will attend a U.N.-organized high-level meeting on Sudan on the margins of the U.N. General Assembly on Sept. 24, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said on Wednesday.
"President Obama has accepted the (U.N.) Secretary-General's invitation to the high-level meeting on Sudan that's planned for Sept. 24th in New York," Rice told reporters on a conference call.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane