Obama to attend U.N. Sudan meeting Sept. 24
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 8
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will attend a U.N.-organized high-level meeting on Sudan on the margins of the U.N. General Assembly on Sept. 24, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said on Wednesday.
"President Obama has accepted the (U.N.) Secretary-General's invitation to the high-level meeting on Sudan that's planned for Sept. 24th in New York," Rice told reporters on a conference call.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot