UPDATE 1-Sears Canada sets special dividend, loan to parent
* Board approves entering into a C$800 mln credit facility
* Board also approves C$400 million loan to Sears Holdings
* Issues special dividend of C$3.50 per share
TORONTO, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Retailer Sears Canada (SCC.TO) announced on Friday a special dividend of C$3.50 a share to be paid Sept. 24 on all common shares.
The company, which is 90.4 percent owned by parent Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD.O), also said its board of directors approved an C$800 million ($769 million) senior secured credit facility, available for five years to help fund capital expenditures, acquisitions and other general corporate needs.
In addition, a C$400 million loan will also be made to the parent company.
Sears Canada stock closed down 8 Canadian cents at C$21.42 on Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
($1=$1.03 Canadian) (Reporting by Solarina Ho; editing by Peter Galloway)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |