UPDATE 1-Exxon offshore Libya well not a success-exec
HOUSTON, Sept 16
HOUSTON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - A deepwater exploration well that Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) drilled offshore Libya was not commercially viable, an executive said on Thursday.
The well "ultimately proved to be unsuccessful," Andrew Swiger, a senior vice president at the Irving, Texas, company told the Barclays Capital CEO Energy-Power Conference.
The project was first announced in 2009 was a collaboration between Exxon and Libya's National Oil Company.
Shares of Exxon, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, fell 12 cents to $60.88 in afternoon trade on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Anna Driver in Houston)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994