RPT-TABLE-Reuters/U Mich Sept prelim sentiment index 66.6
(Repeats to additional subscribers with no change to text)
Sept 17 (Reuters) - Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers' preliminary September consumer sentiment fell to 66.6 from 68.9 in the final August reading, according to a report released on Friday.
Economists in a Reuters survey expected a preliminary September reading of 70.0.
Below is a table of the survey's components:
Sept-P Aug July June May Sentiment 66.6 68.9 67.8 76.0 73.6 Current conditions 78.4 78.3 76.5 85.6 81.0 Expectations 59.1 62.9 62.3 69.8 68.8 1-year inflation 2.2 2.7 2.7 2.8 3.2 5-year inflation 2.8 2.8 2.9 2.8 2.9
THE SURVEY: The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers, a monthly series of data on U.S. consumer sentiment, are produced by the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Thomson Reuters has exclusive rights to distribute the data for six months after the release.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'