- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
Dutch government cuts 2011 deficit forecast
AMSTERDAM, Sept 21 |
AMSTERDAM, Sept 21 (Reuters) - The Dutch government reduced its 2011 budget deficit forecast on Tuesday, saying it will fall to 3.9 percent of gross domestic product even as growth comes in lower than previously expected.
The former deficit forecast was 4.7 percent.
GDP growth in 2011 is forecast to be 1.5 percent, the government's economic think tank CPB said, less than its previous 1.75 percent projection. It also forecast 2011 inflation at 1.5 percent and unemployment at 5.5 percent. (Reporting by Ben Berkowitz, editing by Marcel Michelson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this