Obama to visit India, Indonesia on Asia tour in Nov
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Thursday he plans to visit India and Indonesia in November as part of an Asia tour.
Obama, addressing the U.N. General Assembly, said he would then move on to a Group of 20 leadership summit in South Korea, scheduled from Nov 11-12, followed by a visit to Japan for a November 13-14 meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum.
Obama's twice-postponed trip to Indonesia will make good on his promise to travel to the world's most populous majority-Muslim nation where he lived for part of his youth.
(Writing by Matt Spetalnick)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |