Comcast, GE names Burke next CEO of NBCU
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comcast Corp and General Electric Co said on Sunday that Steve Burke, Comcast's operations chief, would become chief executive of NBC Universal after the close of Comcast's proposed purchase of a majority stake in NBCU.
The news follows the announcement on Friday that NBCU's current Chief Executive Jeff Zucker would step down after the deal's expected close in the coming months.
Analysts had also speculated that Burke, who is overseeing preparations for integrating NBC Universal, could end up running the business after the deal.
Comcast and GE said they would not make any more structural or personnel announcements until the close of the transaction, which is still being reviewed by regulators.
(Reporting by Sinead Carew; editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |