UPDATE 1-Microsemi to buy Actel Corp for $430 mln
* Actel shareholders will receive $20.88/shr
* Microsemi sees deal adding to its earnings
* Says remains comfortable about its Q4 outlook (Adds details)
Oct 4 (Reuters) - Microsemi Corp (MSCC.O), a maker of power management semiconductors, said it will buy integrated circuit manufacturer Actel Corp ACTL.O for about $430 million, to expand in the defense and aerospace market.
Microsemi said it would pay $20.88 per Actel share through a cash tender offer, and expects the deal to add $0.22 to $0.28 per share in its first full calendar year ending December 2011.
Shares of Actel closed at $16.02 Friday on Nasdaq.
The deal value is net of Actel's projected cash balance at closing, Microsemi said.
For the September quarter, net sales for Microsemi are expected to range from $146 to $150 million.
Microsemi said it remains comfortable with its previously announced non-GAAP earnings per share outlook for its fourth quarter of $0.33 to $0.35.
Analysts, on average, are expecting fourth-quarter earnings of 34 cents a share, excluding items, on revenue of $146.9 mln.
"We believe the addition of Actel will deliver compelling synergies to Microsemi," Microsemi Chief Executive James Peterson said in a statement.
Shares of Microsemi closed at $17.11 Friday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image