Televisa says discussions ongoing over Nextel deal
MEXICO CITY Oct 4 (Reuters) - Mexico's top broadcaster, Televisa (TV.N) (TLVACPO.MX), is in discussions with NII Holdings (NIHD.O) over their planned Mexican venture, Televisa said on Monday.
"Discussions are ongoing between Grupo Televisa and NII Holdings as to whether certain closing conditions have been or can be satisfied," the company said in a brief statement. Televisa declined to elaborate and NII sources were not immediately available.
Televisa and NII Holding's Nextel Mexico won a chunk of spectrum in a government auction in July. Last week they were granted the license to operate such spectrum.
Televisa had committed to buying 30 percent of Nextel Mexico, a unit of NII Holdings, for $1.44 billion once it obtained the license. (Reporting by Cyntia Barrera Diaz; editing by John Wallace)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |