Hungary PM throws support behind econ min Matolcsy
BUDAPEST Oct 5 (Reuters) - Hungary's prime minister threw his full support behind Economy Minister Gyorgy Matolcsy on Tuesday, saying Matolcsy was his "right hand".
"Gyorgy Matolcsy is my right hand. No one can set a price high enough for which I would be willing to part with my right hand," Prime Minister Viktor Orban told a news conference.
On Monday right-leaning daily Magyar Nemzet reported that Matolcsy's position within the government has weakened and he may be replaced in the near future.
(Reporting by Gergely Szakacs; Editing by Ron Askew)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on