Hungary PM throws support behind econ min Matolcsy
BUDAPEST Oct 5 (Reuters) - Hungary's prime minister threw his full support behind Economy Minister Gyorgy Matolcsy on Tuesday, saying Matolcsy was his "right hand".
"Gyorgy Matolcsy is my right hand. No one can set a price high enough for which I would be willing to part with my right hand," Prime Minister Viktor Orban told a news conference.
On Monday right-leaning daily Magyar Nemzet reported that Matolcsy's position within the government has weakened and he may be replaced in the near future.
(Reporting by Gergely Szakacs; Editing by Ron Askew)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- Defense at bin Laden son-in-law trial cites alleged 9/11 mastermind