Kerviel lawyer says to appeal court verdict
PARIS Oct 5 (Reuters) - The lawyer representing Jerome Kerviel said on Tuesday that he would appeal a Paris court's decision to sentence the former Societe Generale (SOGN.PA) trader to five years in prison.
The judgment was "senseless" and the sentence was "extraordinary", Olivier Metzner told journalists after the court had heard the ruling. ($1=.7296 Euro) (Reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by James Regan)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data