Kerviel lawyer says to appeal court verdict
PARIS (Reuters) - The lawyer representing Jerome Kerviel said on Tuesday that he would appeal a Paris court's decision to sentence the former Societe Generale trader to five years in prison.
The judgment was "senseless" and the sentence was "extraordinary," Olivier Metzner told journalists after the court had heard the ruling.
(Reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by James Regan)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |