Kerviel lawyer says to appeal court verdict
PARIS (Reuters) - The lawyer representing Jerome Kerviel said on Tuesday that he would appeal a Paris court's decision to sentence the former Societe Generale trader to five years in prison.
The judgment was "senseless" and the sentence was "extraordinary," Olivier Metzner told journalists after the court had heard the ruling.
(Reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by James Regan)
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media