Chip maker AMD not for sale, CEO says
BARCELONA Oct 6 (Reuters) - Advanced Micro Devices (AMD.N) is not for sale but the chip maker will listen to interesting proposals, its chief executive said on Wednesday when asked about Oracle's ORCL.O recent interest in the sector.
"AMD is not for sale, but we are happy to listen to any proposal which is in the interest to our shareholders," Chief Executive Dirk Meyer told an industry conference in Barcelona.
Larry Ellison, chief executive of Oracle, said last month his firm is keen to make more acquisitions to bolster its technology and a microchip company could be a good fit. (Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Holmes)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning