UPDATE 1-Kulicke & Soffa sees Q1 rev below Q4, shrs fall
* Sees Q4 rev at upper end of prior view of $250-$260 mln
* Sees Q1 2011 rev "significantly below" Q4
* Shrs down 9 pct after market
Oct 7 (Reuters) - Kulicke & Soffa Industries Inc (KLIC.O) said it expects first quarter 2011 revenue to be significantly below its fourth quarter due to softening industry conditions, sending its shares down 9 percent after the bell.
The company, which designs semiconductor assembly equipment, said it had previously expected the December-quarter revenue to be about comparable to the September quarter.
For the fourth quarter ended Oct. 2, the company now expects revenue to be at the upper end of the previously stated range of $250-$260 million.
Analysts on average were expecting revenue of $255.8 million for the fourth quarter, and $249.1 million for the first quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Fort Washington, Pennsylvania-based company were down at $5.91 in after-market trading. They closed at $6.49 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions