China cancels meeting with Norwegian minister-Norway
OSLO Oct 11 (Reuters) - China cancelled on Monday a meeting scheduled in China on Wednesday with the Norwegian fisheries minister after the Norwegian Nobel Committee chose Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo as the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize winner, the Norwegian foreign ministry told Reuters.
"I can confirm that the Chinese have cancelled the meeting as a reaction to the Nobel Peace Prize," Ragnhild Imerslund, a spokeswoman at the foreign ministry, told Reuters. (Reporting by Joachim Dagenborg; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions