Elbit Systems wins $68 mln U.S. defence contract
TEL AVIV Oct 13 (Reuters) - Elbit Systems' (ESLT.O) U.S. subsidiary won a five-year, $68 million contract to supply the U.S. Army, Navy, Marines Corps and Coast Guard with head-up display components for pilots, the Israeli defence contractor said on Wednesday.
This is a follow-on to a $75 million contract awarded in September 2005.
The new display units increase situational awareness and safety by allowing pilots to fly "head out of the cockpit" during day and night operations, Elbit (ESLT.TA) said.
(Reporting by Tova Cohen; editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data