Elbit Systems wins $68 mln U.S. defence contract
TEL AVIV Oct 13 (Reuters) - Elbit Systems' (ESLT.O) U.S. subsidiary won a five-year, $68 million contract to supply the U.S. Army, Navy, Marines Corps and Coast Guard with head-up display components for pilots, the Israeli defence contractor said on Wednesday.
This is a follow-on to a $75 million contract awarded in September 2005.
The new display units increase situational awareness and safety by allowing pilots to fly "head out of the cockpit" during day and night operations, Elbit (ESLT.TA) said.
(Reporting by Tova Cohen; editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games