Sony sells 1 million Move units in Americas
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Thursday it sold 1 million units of its Move motion-based video game controller in its first month on the market in the Americas region.
Jack Tretton, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, said demand is easily outstripping supply, and said the company does not expect to have enough supply on hand until February.
"We had to go back and increase production twice, we're absolutely maxed out right now," Tretton said.
Sony launched Move, which is used with its PlayStation 3 video game console, on September 19 in the U.S. with its camera priced at $39.99 and its motion controller wand at $49.99.
Move is available at more than 30,000 retail outlets in the Americas.
Sony said previously that it has sold better than 1.5 million Move units in Europe. It just launched in Japan.
(Reporting by Gabriel Madway, editing by Dave Zimmerman)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |