Fed's Bullard says financial crashes merit study
ST. LOUIS Oct 21 (Reuters) - St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank President James Bullard said on Thursday it is not precisely understood why weakened financial systems cause slow economic recoveries.
Bullard did not comment on the outlook for the economy or monetary policy in brief opening remarks at an academic conference sponsored by his institution.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case