Fed's Bullard says financial crashes merit study
ST. LOUIS Oct 21 (Reuters) - St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank President James Bullard said on Thursday it is not precisely understood why weakened financial systems cause slow economic recoveries.
Bullard did not comment on the outlook for the economy or monetary policy in brief opening remarks at an academic conference sponsored by his institution.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'