Fed's Bullard says financial crashes merit study
ST. LOUIS Oct 21 (Reuters) - St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank President James Bullard said on Thursday it is not precisely understood why weakened financial systems cause slow economic recoveries.
Bullard did not comment on the outlook for the economy or monetary policy in brief opening remarks at an academic conference sponsored by his institution.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |