UPDATE 1-SuperGen Q3 beats Street, ups FY10 profit view
* Q3 EPS $0.06 vs est $0.01 loss/shr
* Q3 rev 13.4 mln vs est $11.18 mln
* Sees FY net income less than $12 mln
* Sees FY Dacogen royalty rev $49-$52 mln
Oct 25 (Reuters) - SuperGen Inc SUPG.O posted better-than-expected third-quarter profit helped by royalty revenue from its blood cancer drug, and raised its full-year profit outlook, sending shares up 9 percent in extended trade.
The company expects full-year profit of less than $12 million, up from its prior view of less than $4.5 million.
The company also sees royalty revenue from Dacogen of $49-$52 million compared with its prior view of $44-$48 million.
Dacogen is an injection for treating patients with acute myeloid leukemia, a type of blood cancer.
For the July-September, the company posted a net income of $3.9 million, or 6 cents a share, compared with $833,000 or 1 cent a share, a year ago.
Revenue rose 29 percent to $13.4 million. Royalty revenue from Dacogen rose was up $2.8 million to $13.2 million.
Analysts on an average were expecting a loss of 1 cent a share on revenue of $11.18 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Dublin, California-based SuperGen's shares, which have risen 22 percent since the company posted second-quarter results in August, were up 9 percent to $2.55 Monday after market. They closed at $2.33 on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Shravya Jain in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea