- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
UPDATE 1-Carlisle Companies Q3 profit beats market estimates
* Q3 EPS $0.75 vs est $0.68
* Q3 rev $665.9 mln vs est $670.3 mln
Oct 26 (Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Carlisle Cos Inc (CSL.N) posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by lower taxes, higher sales volumes and selling price increases.
The company makes an array of products including roofing materials, specialty wheels and tires, foodservice equipment, and wire and cable assemblies for aerospace and industrial clients.
For the third quarter, net income from continuing operations was $46.8 million, or 75 cents a share, compared with $47.1 million, or 76 cents a share, a year ago.
Net sales from continuing operations rose 10 percent to $665.9 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 68 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $670.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Charlotte, North Carolina-based company closed at $34.69 Monday on the New York Stock Exchange. They have gained about 9 percent in value since the company agreed to acquire Hawk Corp HWK.A for $413 million earlier this month. (Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this