- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Global shares grind higher, yen edges up on Amari comments |
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
CFTC's Chilton raises alarm about silver market
WASHINGTON Oct 26 (Reuters) - There have been repeated attempts to influence prices in silver markets, Bart Chilton, a commissioner at the U.S. futures regulator, said on Tuesday.
"There have been fraudulent efforts to persuade and deviously control that price," Chilton said in prepared remarks before a Commodity Futures Trading Commission meeting.
Chilton said he could not pre-judge the outcome of the CFTC's ongoing investigation of the silver markets, but said public deserves some answers to their concerns. (Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Ayesha Rascoe; Editing by Neil Stempleman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this