Syfy cancels "Caprica" after one season
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Syfy has canceled its "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff "Caprica."
The move comes on the heels of the cable channel ordering a new spinoff pilot, titled "Blood & Chrome." It will burn off the remaining five unaired episodes of "Caprica" some time in the first quarter of 2011.
"Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, Caprica has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season," said Mark Stern, programing head at Syfy.
"Caprica" was well-regarded by critics, though some sci fi fans were frustrated with its pacing and terrestrial-bound setting. With "Blood & Chrome," Syfy hopes to launch a series that's more in line with the action-filled original series.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation