Syfy cancels "Caprica" after one season
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Syfy has canceled its "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff "Caprica."
The move comes on the heels of the cable channel ordering a new spinoff pilot, titled "Blood & Chrome." It will burn off the remaining five unaired episodes of "Caprica" some time in the first quarter of 2011.
"Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, Caprica has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season," said Mark Stern, programing head at Syfy.
"Caprica" was well-regarded by critics, though some sci fi fans were frustrated with its pacing and terrestrial-bound setting. With "Blood & Chrome," Syfy hopes to launch a series that's more in line with the action-filled original series.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port