Tennis-Russia's Dementieva announces retirement
DOHA Oct 29 (Reuters) - Russia's Elena Dementieva announced her retirement from tennis on Friday, after losing in straight sets to Francesca Schiavone at the WTA Championships.
The 29-year-old won the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and was making her 10th appearance at the season-ending tournament. (Editing by Jon Bramley; to query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |