Fergie named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Black Eyed Peas vocalist Fergie will receive the Woman of the Year award at Billboard's Women in Music event in New York on December 2, two days after the band's new album hits stores.
"I am humbled and excited to accept the Billboard Woman of the Year Award," Fergie said.
On November 30, the Black Eyed Peas will release their sixth album "The Beginning," a follow-up to their 2009 chart-topper "The E.N.D.," which has sold 2.8 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The first single, "The Time (The Dirty Bit)," will be released November 9.
The Billboard event coincides with the publication of the trade publication's Women in Music Power Players list.
(Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry