- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
UPDATE 1-Angola aims to launch bourse after inflation drops-min
(Adds quotes, background)
NEW DELHI Nov 1 (Reuters) - Angola aims to open its stock exchange after inflation falls to single digits from about 13 percent now, Oil Minister Jose Botelho de Vasconcelos said on Monday at an energy conference in New Delhi.
In August, Angola pushed the opening date for its much-delayed bourse to 2011. [ID:nLDE6710VC]
"We have all necessary clearances. We are just waiting for the effective date ... some macroeconomic conditions need to be fulfilled," he said.
"Currently our inflation is at 13 percent, and we want it to decline to single digits," he said. (Reporting by Nidhi Verma)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this