- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
U.S. condemns al Qaeda-linked church attack in Iraq
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Monday condemned the attack by al-Qaeda-linked gunmen on a church in Iraq that resulted in the killing of at least 52 hostages and police.
"The United States strongly condemns this senseless act of hostage taking and violence by terrorists linked to al Qaeda in Iraq that occurred Sunday in Baghdad killing so many innocent Iraqis," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said in a written statement.
(Writing by Caren Bohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this