Samsung sees Galaxy Tab sales above 1 million units this year
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's No.2 handset maker, said on Thursday consumer response to its Galaxy Tab tablet had been strong and sales of the handheld device would exceed one million units this year.
"Although the launching of Galaxy Tab has been delayed a little bit (in Korea), consumer responses in Europe and Asia have been quite good and e are confident of meeting one million sales mark this year," JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile division told reporters after launching the 7-inch tablet computer in Korea on Thursday.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by David Chance)
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest