Samsung sees Galaxy Tab sales above 1 million units this year
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's No.2 handset maker, said on Thursday consumer response to its Galaxy Tab tablet had been strong and sales of the handheld device would exceed one million units this year.
"Although the launching of Galaxy Tab has been delayed a little bit (in Korea), consumer responses in Europe and Asia have been quite good and e are confident of meeting one million sales mark this year," JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile division told reporters after launching the 7-inch tablet computer in Korea on Thursday.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by David Chance)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California