Samsung sees Galaxy Tab sales above 1 million units this year
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's No.2 handset maker, said on Thursday consumer response to its Galaxy Tab tablet had been strong and sales of the handheld device would exceed one million units this year.
"Although the launching of Galaxy Tab has been delayed a little bit (in Korea), consumer responses in Europe and Asia have been quite good and e are confident of meeting one million sales mark this year," JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile division told reporters after launching the 7-inch tablet computer in Korea on Thursday.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by David Chance)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Missouri suburb braces for more racial unrest but calm prevails
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |