Samsung sees Galaxy Tab sales above 1 million units this year
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's No.2 handset maker, said on Thursday consumer response to its Galaxy Tab tablet had been strong and sales of the handheld device would exceed one million units this year.
"Although the launching of Galaxy Tab has been delayed a little bit (in Korea), consumer responses in Europe and Asia have been quite good and e are confident of meeting one million sales mark this year," JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile division told reporters after launching the 7-inch tablet computer in Korea on Thursday.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by David Chance)
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |