Samsung sees Galaxy Tab sales above 1 million units this year
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's No.2 handset maker, said on Thursday consumer response to its Galaxy Tab tablet had been strong and sales of the handheld device would exceed one million units this year.
"Although the launching of Galaxy Tab has been delayed a little bit (in Korea), consumer responses in Europe and Asia have been quite good and e are confident of meeting one million sales mark this year," JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile division told reporters after launching the 7-inch tablet computer in Korea on Thursday.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by David Chance)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |