CORRECTED - UPDATE 1-California Pizza sees flattish Q4 sales
(Corrects fourth paragraph to show same-restaurant sales were up in Q3)
* Q3 EPS 23 cents vs Street view of 19 cents
* Revenue dips 0.2 pct to $164.5 million
* Shares down 2 percent
LOS ANGELES, Nov 11 (Reuters) - California Pizza Kitchen Inc CPKI.O forecast fourth-quarter sales at established restaurants would be flat to down 1 percent, and its shares fell 2 percent in extended trading.
The Los Angeles-based chain reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 31 cents per share, for its fiscal third-quarter, ended Oct. 3. A year earlier, it earned $5.8 million, or 24 cents per share.
Excluding items, it earned 23 cents per share, which topped analysts' average estimate of 19 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue slipped 0.2 percent to $164.5 million and sales at established full-service restaurants were up 0.7 percent.
The company said it expects per-share results in the range of a 1-cent loss to a 1-cent profit, including a 6-cent hit from higher taxes.
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |