CORRECTED - UPDATE 1-California Pizza sees flattish Q4 sales
(Corrects fourth paragraph to show same-restaurant sales were up in Q3)
* Q3 EPS 23 cents vs Street view of 19 cents
* Revenue dips 0.2 pct to $164.5 million
* Shares down 2 percent
LOS ANGELES, Nov 11 (Reuters) - California Pizza Kitchen Inc CPKI.O forecast fourth-quarter sales at established restaurants would be flat to down 1 percent, and its shares fell 2 percent in extended trading.
The Los Angeles-based chain reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 31 cents per share, for its fiscal third-quarter, ended Oct. 3. A year earlier, it earned $5.8 million, or 24 cents per share.
Excluding items, it earned 23 cents per share, which topped analysts' average estimate of 19 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue slipped 0.2 percent to $164.5 million and sales at established full-service restaurants were up 0.7 percent.
The company said it expects per-share results in the range of a 1-cent loss to a 1-cent profit, including a 6-cent hit from higher taxes.
Company shares closed at $16.37 on the Nasdaq and fell to $16 in extending trading. (Reporting by Lisa Baertlein and Martinne Geller in New York)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'