UPDATE 1-Sprott Q3 results beat estimates on higher AUM
* Q3 EPS C$0.06 vs est C$0.05
* Q3 AUM rises to C$6.5 bln
* Revenue up 32 pct to C$29.1 mln
Nov 11 (Reuters) - Sprott Inc's (SII.TO) quarterly results beat analysts' estimates as the Canadian fund manager reported a rise in assets under management with larger funds benefiting from exposure to gold and silver.
For the July-September quarter, the company's net income rose 74 percent to C$9.6 million ($9.60 million), or 6 Canadian cents a share. That compares with C$5.5 million, or 4 Canadian cents a share, a year ago.
Assets under management were about C$6.5 billion, up 51 percent compared with C$4.3 billion, a year ago.
Total revenue stood at C$29.1 million.
Analysts, on average, expected the company to earn 5 Canadian cents a share on revenue of C$26.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Management fees were up 19 percent to C$24.7 million.
AUM rose during the quarter, partly driven by net sales from follow-on offering of units of the Sprott Physical Gold Trust.
Shares of the company, which have gained more than 90 percent in last three months, closed at C$6.79 on Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Ashutosh Joshi in Bangalore; Editing by Vyas Mohan)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients