- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Anheuser-Busch sues Major League Baseball
* Anheuser says promotional rights accord breached
* Brewer seeks to block league from signing up rival
NEW YORK Nov 12 (Reuters) - Anheuser-Busch Inc on Friday sued Major League Baseball, accusing it of reneging on an agreement to renew its lucrative sponsorship pact.
The complaint contends that Major League Baseball in April agreed to renew Anheuser's exclusive malt beverage sponsorship rights for a number of years.
It said the league later breached the agreement by deciding the accord was not binding, and that it could offer sponsorship rights to Anheuser's competitors.
Anheuser, which is part of Anheuser-Busch InBev NV (ABI.BR), is seeking a court declaration that the April agreement is enforceable, and that Major League Baseball cannot enter an agreement with a competitor.
A Major League Baseball spokesman did not immediately return a call seeking comment. The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court in Manhattan.
The case is Anheuser-Busch Inc v. Major League Baseball Properties Inc, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 10-08513. (Reporting by Jonathan Stempel. Editing by Robert MacMillan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this