Malin Akerman to replace Lohan in porn biopic
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - It didn't take long for Lindsay Lohan's replacement for the Linda Lovelace biopic, "Inferno," to be announced.
"We are casting Malin Akerman for the role of Linda Lovelace," director Matthew Wilder was quoted as telling E! News in a report that ran Sunday. "We are currently in negotiations and working out the legalities of bringing her on board."
A day earlier, Wilder revealed he had parted ways with Lohan, citing "the impossibility" of insuring the troubled actress "and some other issues."
With Akerman ("Watchmen," "27 Dresses") in the part, Wilder believes the stalled project will get back on track with plans to shoot in the first quarter of 2011.
Lohan has been in and out of jail and rehab over the past year and is currently living at a sober living facility in southern California.
"We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support," Wilder said.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |