Malin Akerman to replace Lohan in porn biopic
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - It didn't take long for Lindsay Lohan's replacement for the Linda Lovelace biopic, "Inferno," to be announced.
"We are casting Malin Akerman for the role of Linda Lovelace," director Matthew Wilder was quoted as telling E! News in a report that ran Sunday. "We are currently in negotiations and working out the legalities of bringing her on board."
A day earlier, Wilder revealed he had parted ways with Lohan, citing "the impossibility" of insuring the troubled actress "and some other issues."
With Akerman ("Watchmen," "27 Dresses") in the part, Wilder believes the stalled project will get back on track with plans to shoot in the first quarter of 2011.
Lohan has been in and out of jail and rehab over the past year and is currently living at a sober living facility in southern California.
"We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support," Wilder said.
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |