Iran still supporting Afghan insurgency-U.S.
WASHINGTON Nov 23 (Reuters) - Iran continues to provide weapons and training to the Taliban in Afghanistan, the U.S. military said on Tuesday.
The Pentagon also said in a periodic report to Congress that while NATO cooperation with Pakistan's military had improved, Taliban safe havens along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border remained an obstacle to overall security.
(Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |