Iran still supporting Afghan insurgency-U.S.
WASHINGTON Nov 23 (Reuters) - Iran continues to provide weapons and training to the Taliban in Afghanistan, the U.S. military said on Tuesday.
The Pentagon also said in a periodic report to Congress that while NATO cooperation with Pakistan's military had improved, Taliban safe havens along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border remained an obstacle to overall security.
(Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |