Iran still supporting Afghan insurgency-U.S.
WASHINGTON Nov 23 (Reuters) - Iran continues to provide weapons and training to the Taliban in Afghanistan, the U.S. military said on Tuesday.
The Pentagon also said in a periodic report to Congress that while NATO cooperation with Pakistan's military had improved, Taliban safe havens along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border remained an obstacle to overall security.
(Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials