GrafTech told to adjust contracts for Seadrift deal
WASHINGTON Nov 29 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Monday that GrafTech International Ltd (GTI.N) will have to make major changes to its supply contracts with ConocoPhillips (COP.N) to proceed with its deal to acquire Seadrift Coke LP.
The Justice Department's antitrust division said it had concerns that Conoco and Seadrift, currently competitors, could exchange pricing and output information about a product used for making graphite electrodes, petroleum needle coke. (Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |