GrafTech told to adjust contracts for Seadrift deal
WASHINGTON Nov 29 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Monday that GrafTech International Ltd (GTI.N) will have to make major changes to its supply contracts with ConocoPhillips (COP.N) to proceed with its deal to acquire Seadrift Coke LP.
The Justice Department's antitrust division said it had concerns that Conoco and Seadrift, currently competitors, could exchange pricing and output information about a product used for making graphite electrodes, petroleum needle coke. (Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky)
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks