UPDATE 1-Vitran sells some Frontier Transport unit assets
* Sells some assets to Online Transport for $5 mln
* Says to focus on LTL and supply-chain operations
Nov 30 (Reuters) - North American cross-border trucking company Vitran Corp VTN.TO VTNC.O Vitran Corp VTN.TO VTNC.O said it sold certain assets of its unit, Frontier Transport Corp, to Indianapolis-based Online Transport for about $5 million.
Vitran said it has been focusing on its two core segments -- less-than-truckload and supply chain operations -- while Frontier, its small owner-operator truckload operation, took a back seat.
The Toronto-based trucker's shares, which have gained 7 percent since the company reported third-quarter results in October, closed at C$11.98 on Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Isheeta Sanghi in Bangalore; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott) ((firstname.lastname@example.org; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident