Guinea's Diallo says accepts Conde presidential win
CONAKRY Dec 3 (Reuters) - Guinea's Cellou Dalein Diallo conceded defeat on Friday to presidential rival Alpha Conde after the Supreme Court threw out his complaints of electoral fraud and validated the results of a Nov. 7 run-off.
"Our complaints were not taken into account," Diallo told a news conference. "Since the decision of the Supreme Court cannot be appealed ... we have no choice but to conform to the decision made by the top legal institution in the republic."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image