Cathay Pacific names John Slosar as new CEO
HONG KONG Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cathay Pacific (0293.HK) said that its chief operating officer, John Slosar, will replace current CEO Tony Tyler, who is leaving the company to become director general of the International Air Transport Association.
Cathay made the announcement after the governing board of IATA recommended that Tyler become its new director general and CEO on Friday, the airline said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange late on Friday. [ID:nLDE6B21AC]
Tyler indicated his intent to resign as CEO and director of Cathay Pacific effective March 31, the airline said.
(Reporting by Doug Young; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'