Cathay Pacific names John Slosar as new CEO
HONG KONG Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cathay Pacific (0293.HK) said that its chief operating officer, John Slosar, will replace current CEO Tony Tyler, who is leaving the company to become director general of the International Air Transport Association.
Cathay made the announcement after the governing board of IATA recommended that Tyler become its new director general and CEO on Friday, the airline said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange late on Friday. [ID:nLDE6B21AC]
Tyler indicated his intent to resign as CEO and director of Cathay Pacific effective March 31, the airline said.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead