Cathay Pacific names John Slosar as new CEO
HONG KONG Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cathay Pacific (0293.HK) said that its chief operating officer, John Slosar, will replace current CEO Tony Tyler, who is leaving the company to become director general of the International Air Transport Association.
Cathay made the announcement after the governing board of IATA recommended that Tyler become its new director general and CEO on Friday, the airline said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange late on Friday. [ID:nLDE6B21AC]
Tyler indicated his intent to resign as CEO and director of Cathay Pacific effective March 31, the airline said.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters