Cathay Pacific names John Slosar as new CEO
HONG KONG Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cathay Pacific (0293.HK) said that its chief operating officer, John Slosar, will replace current CEO Tony Tyler, who is leaving the company to become director general of the International Air Transport Association.
Cathay made the announcement after the governing board of IATA recommended that Tyler become its new director general and CEO on Friday, the airline said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange late on Friday. [ID:nLDE6B21AC]
Tyler indicated his intent to resign as CEO and director of Cathay Pacific effective March 31, the airline said.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |