Cathay Pacific names John Slosar as new CEO
HONG KONG Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cathay Pacific (0293.HK) said that its chief operating officer, John Slosar, will replace current CEO Tony Tyler, who is leaving the company to become director general of the International Air Transport Association.
Cathay made the announcement after the governing board of IATA recommended that Tyler become its new director general and CEO on Friday, the airline said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange late on Friday. [ID:nLDE6B21AC]
Tyler indicated his intent to resign as CEO and director of Cathay Pacific effective March 31, the airline said.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official