Bristol Palin denies mother forced her on "DWTS"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Bristol Palin set the "Dancing With the Stars" record straight on Sunday, denying that her mother Sarah Palin pressed her take part in the reality TV competition.
"Let me be blunt: my mom did not 'force' me to go on DWTS," Bristol Palin said in an open letter on her Facebook page.
"She did not ask me either. The show approached me. I thought about it. I made the decision."
The response came after comedian and fellow dancer Margaret Cho blogged last week that the "only reason Bristol was on the show was because Sarah Palin forced her to do it."
The post was called "Pistol Whipped" in reference to Bristol's nickname.
While Cho called Palin "A friend" in the post, there were no feelings of warmth in Palin's retort Sunday.
"Let me shamelessly steal from 'Saturday Night Live' 'Really, Margaret? Really?'" Palin wrote, adding, "It is this type of hurtful and false narrative that people promote to make my mom look bad."
Palin ended the letter with a joke about Cho's bisexuality, saying that if she truly understood conservative values, "you would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website