Bristol Palin denies mother forced her on "DWTS"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Bristol Palin set the "Dancing With the Stars" record straight on Sunday, denying that her mother Sarah Palin pressed her take part in the reality TV competition.
"Let me be blunt: my mom did not 'force' me to go on DWTS," Bristol Palin said in an open letter on her Facebook page.
"She did not ask me either. The show approached me. I thought about it. I made the decision."
The response came after comedian and fellow dancer Margaret Cho blogged last week that the "only reason Bristol was on the show was because Sarah Palin forced her to do it."
The post was called "Pistol Whipped" in reference to Bristol's nickname.
While Cho called Palin "A friend" in the post, there were no feelings of warmth in Palin's retort Sunday.
"Let me shamelessly steal from 'Saturday Night Live' 'Really, Margaret? Really?'" Palin wrote, adding, "It is this type of hurtful and false narrative that people promote to make my mom look bad."
Palin ended the letter with a joke about Cho's bisexuality, saying that if she truly understood conservative values, "you would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters