Obama, congressional Democrats to meet on taxes: aide
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic leaders in the Congress will meet later on Monday with President Barack Obama to discuss efforts to pass legislation this year extending Bush-era tax cuts, according to a congressional aide.
The meeting time has not yet been set, the aide added.
(Reporting by Richard Cowan)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols