Obama reaches agreement with Republicans on taxes
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday he had reached an agreement with Republicans on how to extend expiring tax cuts.
He said the compromise's provisions including a 2 percent payroll tax cut for next year, extending jobless benefits for 13 months and extending tax cuts for all Americans -- including the wealthiest -- for two years.
(Reporting by Patricia Zengerle, editing by Matt Spetalnick)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official