Republican Sen. Voinovich says won't back tax deal
WASHINGTON Dec 7 (Reuters) - Republican Senator George Voinovich said on Tuesday that he would not support the tax compromise that fellow Republicans have worked out with Democratic President Barack Obama.
Voinovich, who is retiring at the end of the year, is viewed as one of the more moderate Republicans in the Senate. (Reporting by Kim Dixon; Writing by Andy Sullivan; editing by Anthony Boadle)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea