BYD in talks to supply electric buses to LA: report
HONG KONG (Reuters) - BYD Co. Ltd. is in talks with officials in Los Angeles to supply all-electric battery buses in the city, the Wall Street Journal cited a senior company executive as saying on Sunday.
Stella Li, BYD's senior vice president also said the company plans to start test-marketing an all-electric battery car in the U.S. next year, shipping as many as 50 e6 electric cars to customers in Southern California, after almost a year's delay, the report said.
"Initially we would ship e-buses from China, but eventually we would have to localize production," the report quoted Li, who added that at least one electric bus would be shipped by the second quarter of 2011.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |