Carrefour, Tesco among four Zabka bidders -sources
WARSAW Dec 14 (Reuters) - Europe's largest retailer Carrefour (CARR.PA) and its largest British peer Tesco (TSCO.L) are among four bidders for Zabka retail chain, two sources told Reuters on Tuesday.
Polish subsidiaries of Tesco and Carrefour were not immediately available for comment.
"There are four bidders left, two strategic (investors) and two financial (investors)," a source close to the transaction said, commenting on the sale of Zabka which operates more than 2,300 stores in Poland and the Czech Republic.
"The two strategic investors are Tesco and Carrefour," a market source added.
Josef Janov, managing partner for Poland at Czech-based Penta Investments which owns Zabka, declined to comment but reiterated the final decision on the sale would be made in January. (Reporting by Agnieszka Barteczko and Adrian Krajewski; additional reporting by Piotr Bujnicki and Maciej Onoszko)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image