China Shenhua to build railway for $2 bln
SHANGHAI Dec 16 (Reuters) - China Shenhua Energy Co (1088.HK), the world's most valuable coal producer, said on Thursday it will invest 13.5 billion yuan ($2.03 billion) into the building of a railway.
Shenhua (601088.SS) will finance 35 percent of the investment using its own capital and the rest through bank lending, the firm said in a statement to the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
Once completed, the railway will have annual capacity of 200 million tonnes. The project is expected to be completed by 2012. ($1=6.654 Yuan) (Reporting by Melanie Lee; Editing by Ken Wills)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal