UPDATE 1-Ascent Media buys security systems maker for $1.2 bln
* Cash portion of deal $413 mln
* Co uses $105 mln from credit facility
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Media content provider Ascent Media Corp (ASCMA.O) said it acquired security systems provider Monitronics International Inc in a transaction valued at about $1.2 billion, including debt.
The cash portion of the deal was $413 million, which Ascent Media funded with cash on hand and from $105 million in borrowings under a new credit facility.
The deal excluded hedge-related and other liabilities and included the assumption of Monitronic's existing structured financing, the company said in a statement.
Ascent Media, partly owned by billionaire media mogul John Malone, sold its creative media services business and its content distribution business recently.
Dallas, Texas-based Monitronics provides security system services to residential and commercial customers. The company delivered revenue of $272 million in its fiscal year ended June 30, 2010. (Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls