UPDATE 1-Ascent Media buys security systems maker for $1.2 bln
* Cash portion of deal $413 mln
* Co uses $105 mln from credit facility
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Media content provider Ascent Media Corp (ASCMA.O) said it acquired security systems provider Monitronics International Inc in a transaction valued at about $1.2 billion, including debt.
The cash portion of the deal was $413 million, which Ascent Media funded with cash on hand and from $105 million in borrowings under a new credit facility.
The deal excluded hedge-related and other liabilities and included the assumption of Monitronic's existing structured financing, the company said in a statement.
Ascent Media, partly owned by billionaire media mogul John Malone, sold its creative media services business and its content distribution business recently.
Dallas, Texas-based Monitronics provides security system services to residential and commercial customers. The company delivered revenue of $272 million in its fiscal year ended June 30, 2010. (Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying